Separately to this, those parents/carers whose children would qualify for Free School Meals under the Government’s existing offer should also continue to apply for free school meals as before. To do so you will need to be in receipt of one of the below benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Based Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part IV of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with no working tax credit and have an income not exceeding £16,190
- Working Tax Credit Run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – with net earned income of no more than £7,400
Your child will receive a free dinner from September 2023-July 2024 regardless, however if you are eligible to apply for Free School Meals under the Government’s existing offer, there are other additional benefits to the school worth £1,300 per year. That’s extra money to spend on enrichment activities, teacher development, and targeted support for the children that need it most. We also operate food vouchers during the holiday for Free School Meal recipients.
If you think the above applies to you, please complete an application to ensure that the school, and the children continue to receive additional funding by clicking here.